Food and DiningHow-toUncategorized

Five Delicious Ways to Celebrate Peanut Butter Lover’s Month

peanut butter gif

For those of you who may not know, November is national Peanut Butter Lover’s Month, aka one month for you to celebrate your love for one of the most versatile spreads out there. As a must-have in any mini fridge, a jar of peanut butter could mean the difference between preparing a quick, healthy snack for yourself and scarfing down half a pound of chicken tenders at De Neve Late Night. So in honor of this month, here are five delicious snacks you can make for yourself using some good old-fashioned PB.

1. Peanut butter and banana (or apple) bites

tumblr_n7y6qnM6921tfh5ino1_500

If you have a meal plan, chances are you also have a small cornucopia of apples and bananas that you’ve grabbed from the dining halls on your desk. Don’t let that fruit go to waste. Small bites of apple or banana with peanut butter spread on top – and maybe even a drizzle of honey – is a delicious combo for any time of day.

2 . Ants on a log

tumblr_mewickiiDS1ro9rq7o1_500

If you went to preschool, chances are you’re familiar with this cute little snack. If not, no worries. Chop some small stalks of celery, spread peanut butter in the middle and top it off with your “ants,” little raisins. (Chocolate-covered raisins are a tasty option too.) If that doesn’t get you to eat celery, I don’t know what will.

3. Peanut butter bars

tumblr_ndijc3KWuo1qir2dao1_500

Want to try an easy dessert idea? Mix peanut butter – crunchy or smooth – in a bowl with graham cracker crumbs. Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet or other deep dish. Top with chocolate chips or granola, and BOOM. You’re done.

4. Peanut butter pretzel sticks

Take large pretzel sticks and coat one end with peanut butter. Then roll this end of the pretzel stick in any topping of your choice (M&M’s, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, marshmallows, etc.), and let them chill for  a while in your fridge. These will not disappoint.

5. Peanut butter powder ????

tumblr_lllmxg8Bce1qijdauo1_250

OK, I know what you’re thinking, but I actually just tried this for the first time today, and I have to say it’s really not bad. Mix a spoonful of peanut butter powder into vanilla Greek yogurt and top with some honey for a quick breakfast or snack.

Have any cool peanut butter snack ideas for this month? Comment below.

Tags: , , ,