Westwood

5 Food Trucks Near UCLA This Week

It’s been a while since we last praised food trucks, and what better time to do so again than ninth week? The last thing you want to do is cook or eat Cup Noodles again, and the first thing you want to do is devour some delicious grub and find any excuse to leave the confines of your desk or the library.

2

Food trucks are a convenient and fun way to dine … when you can find them. These eateries-on-wheels can be a little hard to locate since they’re always on the move. That’s why Mojo has done all the research for you. We’re sharing five food trucks near UCLA (easy to reach either by foot or the Big Blue Bus) that you should visit this week.

Note:  Visit http://www.foodtruckmaps.com/la/ for up-to-date information on food trucks near you if you are visiting any other week. Hours vary.

1.  Jogasaki Sushi Burrito

Monday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Westwood Gateway, 11100 Santa Monica Blvd

Jogasaki Sushi Burrito makes having the best of both worlds a reality. Offering an impressive menu of Asian fusion cuisine, this is your truck if you’re the indecisive type. Spicy tuna, lobster, crab meat … you name it. Jogasaki Sushi Burrito will wrap your favorite seafood into an impressive burrito made out of soy paper.

2. Gourmet Genie

Monday, 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.

If you’re more inclined for some Middle Eastern cuisine on Monday, Gourmet Genie is what you’re looking for. Its menu includes falafel, kabob, shawarma, humus and even tacos. It offers many vegan dishes as well.

3.  Slammin’ Sliders

Wednesday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.

I have no idea why a mini hamburger-looking sandwich would taste remarkably better than the regular size, but you have to try Slammin’ Sliders to understand for yourself. We recommend you try the popular Kobe beef sliders with caramelized onions (if you are so inclined) and/or the croquettes with spicy chipotle aioli sauce.

4. Schmuck with a Truck

Thursday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.

The two-star Yelp review may be a bit discouraging, but we’ve got you covered with what to order so you can leave happy and satisfied. Schmuck with a Truck is huge on all types of deli-style sandwiches, but if there’s one thing you should order, it’s the pastrami. Mmmmh.

5. Tacos El Gallito

Open for dinner and late nights, seven days a week. Hours vary according to day of the week.

Corner of Santa Monica Blvd & Westwood Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90024

This is the most dependable food truck you’ll find in Westwood. It’s there every night of the week and may just become your go-to dinner (or midnight treat) spot. You’ve got a lot of options at Tacos El Gallito including scrumptious Al Pastor tacos, for just $1.50 each. Make sure to top off your tacos with fresh lime, cilantro and onion. For vegetarians, the veggie burritos are also tasty and satisfying.