Arts & Entertainment

7 Ways to Get Over a Bad Midterm Grade

Sometimes no matter how much you study, you don’t do so well on an exam. We’ve all been there, and it’s unpleasant to say the least. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to cheer yourself up without ever leaving campus. Check out Mojo’s favorite pick-me-ups.

1. Browsing the holiday section at Ackerman

tumblr_lwos1wPgoo1qbp4vao1_500

Around Christmas time, our favorite student store looks like your childhood and happiness. Find comfort in the red and green candy wrappers and the sweet smell of gingerbread… hand lotion.

2. Grabbing a hot drink with a friend

chandlerspill

Hot chocolate or a latte, venting to a good friend and the Hogwarts-likeness of Kerckhoff? Best. Combo. Ever.

3. Treating yourself to froyo
ginamarie-froyo

Remember when we told you about Sweet Spot? Well now is the time to turn your not-so-good day into a great one, with the help of this classic dairy mood booster.

4. Simply taking a stroll

44124570
Ever noticed? UCLA is kinda nice. Add fallen leaves and the slightly cooler weather, and our campus makes for a preeetty great walk. Stroll aimlessly until you feel better.

5. Hitting the gym
9b257f2ac070c6bc_url-6

If you’ve seen “Legally Blonde”, and most likely if you haven’t, you know that exercise produces endorphins and endorphins make you happy. So go lift those 50 pounds or run those five miles, you champion you.

6. People watching
3893374-7043337363-Steph

What? No, we don’t do that. That would be weird.

7. Taking a nap in Powell
giphy

Isn’t that what libraries are for?

What do you do to feel better after receiving bad midterm news? Let us know by tweeting us @dbmojo or commenting below.