Arts & Entertainment

8 Ways Hermione, Elle Woods and Other Smarties Ace Their Exams

It’s FINALLY finals week. Whether it’s your first finals week here at UCLA or you’re a seasoned pro, here are some study tips that are tried and true from some of the smartest characters on your Netflix queue. If all else fails, go rub the bear.

1. Elle Woods (Harvard): Take a practice test.

Practice makes perfect. Check the test bank in SAC for past midterms and finals you can use to prepare.

2. George Michael Bluth (UC Irvine): Tutor a friend.

If you can explain something to someone else, you must understand it pretty well. And as a bonus, apparently you remember 90 percent of what you teach.

3. Spencer Hastings (Rosewood High School): Go to review sessions/office hours!

Go even if no one you know is going. The TAs and the professor make the test and will probably drop some hints.

4. Blair Waldorf and Dan Humphrey (NYU): Take a quick coffee break with a friend.

Just make sure it isn’t with your best friend’s boyfriend.

5. Hermione Granger (Hogwarts): Study with your friends in the library.

It’s easy to get distracted in your room. The library is quieter and if your friends are right there next to you, you have no excuse to take out your phone.

6. Spock (Starfleet Academy): Be logical.

That paper isn’t going to write itself. Try to start at least a day early so you have time to proofread and rewrite.

7. Alex Dunphy: Read, read, read, read and read some more.

One of the only great things about finals week is that classes are over, so you actually have time to catch up on all the reading you slacked off  on this quarter.

8. Jimmy Neutron: Be confident.

Once you walk into the room for your final, you’ve already done all you can do to prepare. Instead of trying to cram another page of notes into your brain, focus on finding a seat with a working desk.

When are you done with finals this quarter? Comment below or tweet us @dbmojo.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,