Participating in Dance Marathon this weekend? Before you dance the night away, it’s important to make sure you’re mentally and physically prepared for the venture. We spoke to Sam Haney, a third-year English student and a Dance Marathon committee member who has previously participated in Dance Marathon. Here are some tips so that you can dance for 26 hours straight with no sweat. (Well, you might sweat a little…)
- Eat healthy and drink lots of water.
- Take care of yourself the night before. Don’t go out drinking and partying because it will take a toll on your body.
- Bring water bottles and snacks. There will be four meals served, but you want to make sure you have food available if you need it.
- Prepare and gather your costumes the night before. Some dancers will change outfits every three hours, so you want to make sure you don’t forget a change of clothes.
- Remember to get as much homework done before the event as possible. Dancers will be exhausted afterwards and will most likely want to sleep the rest of the weekend off.
- Bring deodorant, a toothbrush/toothpaste, and shampoo/conditioner. (You are going to be there for 26 hours and need the essentials)
Are you participating in dance marathon? Tweet us @dbmojo or comment below.