How-toWestwood

How to Pull Off Trick-or-Treating as a College Student

keep calm

Do you feel like Halloween isn’t the same without massive amounts of candy and the competitive rush of trick-or-treating? On the actual night of All Hallows’ Eve, don’t despair and substitute the lack of candy with alcohol. Instead, relive your childhood with these tips for pulling off trick-or-treating when you look well over the max age limit.

What to wear

Courtesy of Michael Lee

This is not the time to whip out the revealing kitten costume that you would typically wear for an adult Halloween party. (“I’m a mouse, duh.”) Instead, opt for an appropriate, kid-friendly ensemble like a modest angel or a superhero. Think middle school dress code.

Picking a neighborhood

Julianna Foster / Daily Bruin

Three words: king-size candy bars. Where can you get them? The Bel Air and Beverly Hills residential areas are obviously prime. So are the streets behind the sororities. These neighborhoods are great because while there are a lot of little kids around, they also are more welcoming to their friendly neighborhood UCLA students, and are happy to support us starving college students by sharing the goods. Go Bruins!

Trick-or-treating etiquette

Julianna Foster / Daily Bruin

Don’t cut off a group of children by trying to push your way to the front of the line to the door to get the best candy. Don’t take or expect more than a couple pieces of candy from each house. Look apologetic for freeloading off a children’s holiday, even if you don’t mean it. Just remember that you’re repping all UCLA students to the community, so be respectful. 

Maximize outcomes

Casey Bradford

If you encounter a stressed out parent frantically trying to manage their screaming kid, don’t hesitate to mention to that you are an excellent and experienced babysitter with a clean driving record and a standout GPA. Nannying jobs galore. Who knows, maybe you should consider trick-or-treating with a resume.

Still not sure about trick-or-treating? There’s always “trick-or-drinking!”

This activity is ideal for apartment complexes or houses where a unit or room is a different location at which, instead of candy, you receive a drink. Use with caution, especially when combined with candy ingestion.

What are you doing this Halloween?
Trick-or-treating
Going to a party
Going to a parade
Studying for midterms
Other

Poll Maker

Like Mojo on Facebook here to keep up with more news you can use.

Tags: , , , ,