Need a way to spend Valentine’s Day? Valentine’s Day is about acknowledging your loved ones, and these movies are the perfect way to spend an evening with roommates, best friends and significant others.
1. The Notebook: Ryan Gosling. Ryan Gosling, Ryan Gosling, Ryan Gosling. This is the movie that made us all fall in love with Ryan Gosling. Of course there is a plot in there somewhere too… something about how some girl called Allie (Rachel McAdams) and Noah (Gosling) reunite after falling in love as teenagers. But yeah, Ryan Gosling.
2. Bridesmaids: Need a movie to watch with your friends? Celebrate the love of friendship by watching as the wonderful Kristin Wigg and a group of friends try to plan a wedding. Hilarity ensues.
3. When Harry Met Sally: If you haven’t seen this movie yet, you might have to start reevaluating your life choices and consider adding “watch classic rom-coms” to your priority list. It’s a brilliant movie that centers on question of whether two people can really ever be “just friends.” Plus Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan star as the main characters.
4. Crazy, Stupid, Love: This rom-com starring Ryan Gosling (surprise, surprise – can you tell we like the guy?), Emma Stone and Steve Carrell will have you ”aww-ing,” as well as laughing. Gosling helps Carrell overcome mid-life crisis and reevaluates his own life in the process.
5. 50 First Dates: When you first think Adam Sandler, Valentine’s Day movies don’t usually come to mind. But this funny movie is a tearjerker. Prepare to get the tissues out as Sandler falls in love for a girl (Drew Barrymore) who has short term memory loss.
6. Enchanted: Cheesy Disney movies are the perfect way to celebrate a day of love. Gather with friends and sing along as Giselle (Amy Adams), a princess from the fairytale world, falls in love with Robert (Patrick Dempsey) from the human world.
7. Definitely, Maybe: Ryan Reynolds (No, not Ryan Gosling!) stars as a dad who’s getting a divorce. The story begins as he tells his daughter how he met her mother. It’s a sweet and heartfelt mystery that keeps you trying to guess who the woman is that Reynolds is talking about.
8. Moulin Rouge!: Get taken back in time to the beginning of the 20th century as Christian (Ewan McGregor) recounts his tragic love story with Satine (Nicole Kidman). This secret love affair told through song is an experience you won’t want to miss.
9. Bridget Jones Diary: The perfect comedy to watch with your friends, Renee Zellweger portrays a 30 year-old who has no luck with love. Watch as she tries to navigate the ups and down of life while keeping it all documented in her diary.
10. Titanic: Last but not least, this list would not be complete without this classic tale. The love story between Jack (Leonardo Dicaprio) and Rose (Kate Winslet) is unforgettable. No matter how many times you’ve seen the ship sink, it feels like a tragedy every time. And we will always wonder why Jack didn’t fit on the raft…
Did we miss any movies? Tweet us your favorites @dbmojo.