This summer your skin will be enduring lots of sunscreen, possible sunburn, chemicals and sweat, and you’ll need to take care of it. There’s no need to pay for fancy scrubs and facials though. Try these three homemade, all-natural face masks that will rehydrate and nourish your face using items you can find in your fridge!
Rehydrate and Cool
- 1 cucumber
- 5 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera (try to find pure aloe vera, not just the green Banana Boat kind)
- 2 drops of vitamin E extract (optional)
- Mix the Greek yogurt and aloe vera together in a bowl.
- Chop up the cucumbers as small as possible and leave two round slices for your eyes. If you have a juicer, food processor or mechanic chopper, use those; otherwise, chop the cucumbers by hand.
- Add the cucumbers and vitamin E.
- Mix the mask and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Wash your face and dry it before applying the mask.
- Leave the mask on for as long as you want and relax.
Nourish and Repair
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 ounce of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
- After making the oatmeal by mixing oats and water and letting it cool, add the honey and Greek yogurt in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Wash your face and towel dry.
- Warm the mask in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Apply over your entire face (without eating a majority of it) and let cool.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes or until the oatmeal feels dry.
- 1 tomato
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- Spoon the Greek yogurt into a bowl.
- Cut the tomato in half and squeeze the juice of both halves into the yogurt.
- Grate the lemon rind into the yogurt until most of the rind as been grated off.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze both halves into the yogurt.
- Mix the mask thoroughly and apply to a clean face.
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes.
What’s your favorite home remedy? Comment below or tweet us @dbmojo.