Since Spring Sing is happening tonight, why not brush up on some classic Company pieces? For those of you who don’t know, Spring Sing Company (SSC for short) is the comedy group that performs between acts, and opens and closes the Spring Sing show every year. We compiled our five favorite Company videos here.
1. Spring Sing 2010 Opener.
There’s only one thing you should take from this hilarious spoof of “The Hangover”: No matter where you are today, or how thirsty you were on Thursday, go to Spring Sing 2013 or … you’re dead. Warning: There’s a high likelihood that you’ll get James Blunt’s “You’re Beautiful” stuck in your head after this watching video.
2. Spring Sing 2011: Club B-Cafe.
The “DOs and DON’Ts” of late nights on the Hill.
- DON’T hit up that party … B-Cafe will satisfy your raging needs. They don’t even check your IDs.
- DO use fantastic wordplays. “They call me milk ‘cause I’m steaming,” anyone?
- DON’T lose control. There are no bathrooms at B-Cafe (thanks for the tip, SSC).
- DO eat all of the “baaaagels.”
- DO follow sexy European strangers. No danger here.
- DO listen carefully. It took me two quarters of watching this video to figure out that the charming pigtail lady’s all-time fav B-Cafe dish was “ham and swiss.”
- DO listen to this song at the gym. Best workout of your life.
3. Spring Sing 2012: UCLA VS. USC Rap Battle
“Live your life like you’ve got 19P” is perhaps the greatest mantra ever created. This video obviously deserves a place in our top five (and you’ll undoubtedly have the chorus stuck in your head for the next 24 hours).
4. Spring Sing 2010: “The Twilight Saga: Pawprint.”
It’s kind of unreal how much the actor parodying the character of Edward Cullen looks like Robert Pattinson. Also, “Pawprint” is a far better love story than Twilight. Fur-real.
5. Spring Sing 2012: Bruin Love Line
Of course, we had to include one of Company’s facetious live skits. The puns are all-inclusive, UCLA-specific, science-related and, of course, sexually charged (it’s college, after all). No wonder securing a spot in the elite Spring Sing Company is about as easy as finding a table in Powell during finals week.