Mojo Asks Students

Plans After Graduation

“So, you just graduated. What’s your next move?!” This is a question that just about every graduating senior has heard countless times and probably has become mechanical in answering. The next round of proud UCLA Bruins are now venturing out and taking on the world with their accomplishments and we wanted to trouble them with that question one more time to find out what they have planned. Here’s what just a couple of our awesome class of 2014 students had to say:

jongwook

“I will be moving back home to Korea to study law and pursue that.”
-Jongwook Chung, political science graduate

polyanna

“My plan is to sleep in, travel the world and buy a season pass for the Golden State Warriors.”
-Polyanna Pinheiro, linguistics and psychology graduate

alina

“After I graduate I am taking a gap year before medical school. I just finished apps and I’m moving back home to the Bay Area to work in clinical research. I want to do something medically related with patient interaction. I’m excited for this next chapter in my life!”
-Alina Naqvi, physiological science graduate

freesia

“I will be working at a hometown Alzheimer’s and dementia nursing home as a certified nursing assistant (CNA) as I study for the MCAT and prepare for applying to medical schools next spring. Planning to work hard but enjoy the time I have for myself by getting more serious about my artwork and go on more outdoor adventures. Taking things one step at a time.”
-Freesia Quezada, neuroscience graduate

lana

“I will be studying for the LSAT and applying to law school!”
-Lana Halavi, linguistics and psychology graduate

shaun

“Plan after graduation: Finishing up my last few units studying abroad this summer in Sussex, U.K. for two months because I never got the chance to study abroad as a transfer student. When I get back from Europe, I plan on applying to 2-year post-baccalaureate pre-med programs so that I can complete the necessary science prerequisites and get MCAT prep to reach my ultimate goal of gaining admission to medical school.”
-Shaun Cunanan, communication studies graduate

Did you just graduate? What is your next move? Tell us in the comments below or tweet it @dbmojo!

Tags: , , ,