Food and Dining

Recipes to Change Your B-Plate Experience

Step aside, Rachael Ray. There’s a new culinary genius in town: us.

With the following recipes, you can make the most of your one swipe and maximize your options while still staying true to the healthy qualities of B-Plate. Each ingredient included is a staple in the B-Plate ingredients list, so rely on this list as a source for consistent delicious food.

1. The Grown-Up “Let’s Get Chocolate Wasted”

For the perfect pick-me-up dessert after a long day of classes that will also help with the late-night study sessions, the Affogato is the way to go. Grab one of the coffee mugs and put in a spoonful or two of dark chocolate chips, add some swirls of frozen yogurt and top all of that with some espresso shots. Ta-da! Get ready for the delicious sugar and caffeine rush.

2. Let’s Go Bananas and Get a Li’l Nutty Sandwich

Near the fruit section are different types of breads, including one that has hints of sweet and savory: the cranberry walnut bread. These slices of bread slathered with some cashew almond butter and plopped on banana slices is heavenly goodness. You can also sprinkle some almond slices or coconut shreds and top the whole thing with another piece of the cranberry walnut loaf. Add a drizzle of honey between the bananas and crunch, if you’re feeling a little fancy. YUM.

3.I’m Nutellin’ You How I Made This” Toast

Just kidding, of course. Get over to the frozen yogurt section, but skip that icy dessert today. Instead, go to the loaves of bread to the left and choose your favoritemine is cinnamon raisin) and put the slices in the toaster. Right when those toasted slices drop from the conveyor belt, put the dark chocolate chips from the topping section on it to melt. After creating a nice, healthy, Nutella-like layer, you can top it with slices of banana or apple. If you crave a little kick, add some crunchy granola from the frozen yogurt topping section.

4.Make the Wiggles Proud” Fruit Salad

For all those who know the Wiggles’ Fruit Salad song from our childhood, you know that all the ingredients listed are those that are constantly at B-Plate for all to enjoy. So just follow the lyrics and peel your bananas, toss in some grapes, chop up some apples and melons – or pears – and put them on your plate. This recipe may seem simple, but it’s still delicious, and remember: “fruit salad, YUMMY YUMMY.”

5. Bruschetta Almighty

Are you feeling a little fancy and international? Then this easy antipasto is perfect for you. Head to the bread section by the cereal and milk, where you can find some sourdough bread to toast up. Once it’s crisp and tasty, head over to the salad bar where you can layer feta cheese crumbles and some cut-up tomatoes and greens. To add the finishing touches, you can drizzle some olive oil and the spice of your choice from the many options next to the Stone Oven flatbreads or the Harvest section.

Now that you’ve been introduced to some B-Plate dining hacks, go off and use that college brain of yours to experiment with your own concoctions, and let us know the different ways we can enlighten our taste buds!

Tags: , , , ,