Culture

Snapchat Stories: Conquering the Death Stairs of 1919

UCLA is filled with stairs all over campus. But the steps that are dreaded the most are the infamous “1919 stairs,” also known as the death stairs. These four tiers of steps lead to a heavenly cup of warm cafe latte with a delicious lemon poppyseed scone, a perfect balance of hot and cold in the Monte Bianco or a stomach-filling cheesy pizza. But when the food coma is in full effect, the stairs come back to haunt you. Those in Hedrick, Rieber and Hitch completely understand the pain and struggle.

So here’s a little story of the constant battle with the stairs that we go through every day.

1. First you’re going to look up at and mentally decide that you’re going to power through.

2. You run up by stretching your legs across as many steps as you can, thinking that it will make the journey quicker and less strenuous.

3. Then you realize that the people in front of you are being so slow.

4. So you debate whether you should go around to the other side.

5. Once you cut the person off you think you’re going to mob up these stairs again. But then you realize that the third tier of stairs are WAY steeper and you have to take a breather.

6. Now you’re at the top and you feel the cool breeze, but you’re still sweating and out of breath.

Congrats! Just a couple more steps until you’re at the doors ready to go in the room and rest.

7. Oops, you left your Bruin Card at your table. Back down the stairs you go. Good luck coming back up.

Tags: , ,