Uncategorized

Suggestions for dineLA’s Happy Hour Week

dineLA is bastion for every poor foodie in Los Angeles. For one week almost every prestigious and scrumptious restaurant in L.A. joins together to offer special menus at steep discounts. While the traditional dineLA happened in January this year, dineLA has begun a new venture, Happy Hour Week. From April 27 to May 1, some of the swankiest places in Los Angles are inviting people to check them out while offering special cheep drink menus and other light food options. Here are Mojo’s picks for the best Happy Hour spots close to campus for you to check out this week. And sorry, younger Bruins, this is going to be a 21+ affair.

Living Room Bar @ W Los Angeles Hotel  

Located right on Hilgard, this location is the closest to campus. Open every day this week from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, they will be serving a small menu of drinks. Go ahead and try a metropolitan with templeton rye, raspberries and basil. Or maybe a mojito made with champagne. If you get hungry, you can also get some Wagyu sliders.

Fundamental LA

You can find Fundamental LA right in the middle of Westwood Village . Happy hour will be 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, so prime time to blow off some stress post-midterms. The options at Fundamental LA are not mixed drinks, but an assortment of fine wines and exotic beers, both on draft and in bottle.

Craft Los Angeles 

Leaving Westwood behind, you might need an Uber or an awesome friend to make it to Craft. Located in Century City, it’s not too far away. This location is beautiful, and there is a good reason why it has thousands of online reviews (spoiler: it’s because it’s good). From 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, Craft will be hosting its Happy Hour. There is a lot more food being offered here, so you can turn this adventure into an early dinner and try some white wine and cheese fondue, or maybe a salmon rillette.  You can wash those down with your choice of pilsner, house wine or “Hollywood Bowl” Bourbon punch. (Which is probably better than the punch you’re used to.)

The Penthouse at the Huntley

Ocean view restaurant in Santa Monica for Happy Hour? Yes, please. We round off our list with this posh location. The price is a little higher here, but the Snapchat story you’ll have as a result just might be worth it. From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, you can take in the view as you chow down on some short rib tacos and prosciutto flat bread. In addition try out some of its exclusive dineLA drinks, like the sangria or tullamore dew old fashioned.