Hear ye, hear ye! We know you Bruins are gearing up for finals week and freaking out about it – we see it on Facebook and Twitter (#nosocialife #nofuture #nosoul), so we’ve compiled some information about resources on campus that could help make it a less stressful week (If you don’t like free coffee or free food, we advise you to halt and exit this browser window, Ebenezer Scrooge!) Here’s a list of our favorite hot spots:
Student Activity Center (SAC)
- Food closet: You can either contribute and help out financially struggling students or take some goodies for yourself. There is also a communal fridge where you can store your fresh lunch (just label with name, date and department).
- Computer lab: F-R-E-E printing!!!
- Economic Crisis Response Team’s meal vouchers: Sign up for a meal voucher and you can eat one free meal a day on the hill. Make sure to check the schedule for pickup at UCLA CPO office.
- Fitness Improvement Training Through Exercise and Diet (FITTED): Blow off some steam and workout! You can checkout shoes and other equipment for free as well as attend workshops.
Ackerman Student Union
- Twenty-four-hour access to study spaces: Yep, it’s true. You even have access to the Coinz Gameroom for late night study breaks. All-nighters have never been this easy.
- Electronics charging station: Charge (or store) your laptop or iPhone in one of these 14 compact lockers located on the first floor of Ackerman Student Union food court.
- Late night transportation: UCLA Community Service Officers will provide free rides to dorms, apartments and parking lots every hour on the hour from 3:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. (meet at Ackerman A-level at the information window).
- Coffee: F-R-E-E freshly brewed coffee will be served from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- More free coffee: Still need your caffeine fix? After 11:00 p.m., hot coffee will be served next door at the Kerckhoff Art Gallery.
- Study rooms: Reserve a study room at MyCLICC Center if you want that extra privacy.
- Equipment checkout: Reserve a Macbook for four hours or a projector for two hours (but we advise against hosting a screening of Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones… now is not the time to catch up on addicting TV shows).
- Twenty-four-hour access to a counselor: Overwhelmed and feeling helpless? Feel free to talk to a crisis counselor at (310) 825-0768.
580 Cafe (580 Hilgard Ave.)
- Free hot meals: Mondays and Tuesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Free frozen meals and snacks: Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Starbucks (Westwood Village on Broxton and Weyburn)
- New store hours: Starbucks will be open 24 hours during finals week (Dec. 10 – Dec. 13). This means unlimited access to the Peppermint Mocha. This information could potentially be very dangerous…
- Located behind Powell Library (between Moore and the Physics Astronomy Building)
- Open 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Monday, Dec. 10: Calbi Fusion Tacos
- Tuesday, Dec. 11: Los Lobos (Wings, burgers, Mac n’ cheese, salads, etc).
Are there any other campus resources you recommend during finals week? Tweet us @dbmojo or comment below. Happy studying, and good luck!