We’re so lucky to go to UCLA. The sun shines more than 300 days a year and winter never quite makes it to campus. And no winter means no getting sick, right?
Let the rest of the world keep thinking that, but we all know that when flu season comes around, it takes us all down with it.
1. One sunny day, you go out in summer clothing and end up staying outside well past sunset.
2. The next day, you start coughing.
3. And your roommate calls you out.
4. No way, you never get sick.
5. Then you get to class and hear a symphony of sniffles.
5. Soon enough, you start to notice more symptoms.
6. You finally drag your backside to Ashe.
7. Where you find no available appointments for the next 2-3 hours.
8. No, but really, is this healthcare or the DMV?
9. You finally see a doctor and they tell you there’s not much they can do.
10. They prescribe you some cough syrup and send you on your way.
11. You feel sorry for yourself, so you decide to skip your next class
12. You snuggle up in bed.
13. But really it’s just an excuse to hang out with your BFF.
14. And stuff your face.
15. It was a well-deserved break, but now it’s time to get back to work.
16. Until you realize that you’re behind on everything.
17. Maybe you’re not feeling better after all.
How do you handle getting sick? Let us know by tweeting us @dbmojo or by commenting below.