Campus news

Tired students line up for Spring Sing tickets early in the morning

If you thought waking up for your 8 a.m. class was bad, think again.

Hundreds of students made the trek onto campus very early this morning to do what UCLA students do best: line up and wait to get tickets to a big event. Unlike last year, there were no tents involved this morning (No campouts were allowed, and there were security guards), just a lot of sleepy-eyed students squinting into the rising sun as they waited to buy tickets for Spring Sing 2013.

This Mojo reporter arrived at the Central Ticketing Office at exactly 7:26 a.m. Deciding to survey the extent of what appeared to be a very long line, she would arrive at the back of the line at 7:29 a.m. It was one very long line indeed.

Near several pairs of pajama pants, suits of cards and cups of coffee stood third-year ecology, behavior and evolution student Theresa Aller.

Aller said while she was excited about going to Spring Sing, she was tired from getting up at 6 a.m. to buy tickets for four of her friends.

“I was surprised by the line but I figured people would be here,” Aller said.

Around the corner, near the end of the line, was fifth-year computer science and engineering student Stanley Li.

Thinking the line wouldn’t be too bad, Li said he arrived only 25 minutes after 7 a.m., only to find himself at the back of the line.

“The way, way back of the line,” he added.

Graduating in June, Li said this will be his first time going to the Spring Sing, something he wants to do with his friends in his last year.

What time did you convince your friends to go line up for you this morning while you lay in bed? Were they successful in getting you tickets? Tweet us @dbmojo or comment below.

Tags: ,