How-to

Where to Get Free and Cheap Printing

With less than an hour until your paper is due, your printer would run out of ink. Before your run off to the library and print that 15-page paper for 10 cents per page, check out this list of places we compiled that offer free (yes, free!) and cheap printing on campus.

Free printing

• The Community Programs Office computer lab offers every student 300 pages of free printing per quarter. There’s always a long line though, so this may not be the best choice when you are running late.
  • If the CPO computer lab isn’t working out, head downstairs to the LGBT Resource Center on Student Activities Center B-Level. The center offers 10 pages of free printing per day. The printers aren’t as reliable as CPO’s, though, and sometimes the computer lab is closed.
  • For every quarter you take a social sciences class, you are entitled to 100 pages of free printing at the Social Science Computer Labs. The labs are on the second floor of Public Affairs (2400A and 2035B). They even have printing kiosks with 10-minute time limits right near the entrance, which is perfect if you’re on the run.
  • Likewise, for every quarter you take a program in computing (PIC) class, you are entitled to 100 pages of free printing per quarter at the PIC lab at Boelter Hall 2817.
  • Students living on the Hill get 100 pages of printing for free per year at any of the computer labs, located in De Neve Commons, Covel Commons and Rieber Hall. After that, each page will cost you 5 cents.

Other Printing Locations (from lowest to highest in price)

• Engineering and computer science students can get printing for 3 cents a page at SEASNet Computing Facility located on various floors in Boelter Hall by signing into their SEASNet accounts.
  • After the 100 free pages, it costs 5 cents a page to print at any of the computer labs on the Hill.
  • The Psychology Computing Labs on the third floor of Franz Hall offers printing for 5 cents a page.
  • Printing at any of the libraries on campus will cost you 10 cents a page.

Let us know if we missed any places by commenting below or tweeting us @dbmojo.