Arts & Entertainment

While You Were Studying: Top Stories of the Week

The week may have just started, but already so much has happened. So rather than opening more cluttering tabs next to MyUCLA and Facebook, I have summed it all up right here for you on one page. If you’d like to dive deeper, just click the link.

1. Sometimes you need to take a two-minute-and-35-second break from all the stress and just watch a video that is mindlessly entertaining. So to kick things off here is a video that has gone viral. [YouTube]

2. Remember this?

Kim K regretfully forgot to add these “Khloe’s journey to jail” selfies to her new book “Selfish,” so the entrepreneur herself is planning on releasing a special edition copy.  [ELLE]

3. After 14 seasons, American Idol announced that after one more season in 2016, it will be ending its production of golden tickets and concluding its presence on reality television. It’s been a good 13 years, but let’s be honest, can anyone actually name all the winners because the only guy I remember is William Hung. [The Huffington Post]

4. Sofia Vergara will be on a six-episode series called “Vergaraland” on Snapchat. We’re not exactly sure how that will work, but do we care? It’s Sofia Vergara, for goodness sakes. And if Joe Manganiello makes an appearance, you know we’ll be all over that. Ten seconds is clearly not long enough. [Variety]

5. And last, but certainly not least. You’ve seen it a million times and even had a mini-freakout when Emily Blunt and Anne Hathaway reunited on an episode of “Lip Sync Battle” but now your most unexpected dream is coming true: The Devil Wears Prada is becoming a musical. There is no word on who, what, where, when or why, but let’s be honest, it doesn’t matter. Just the fact that it’s even in the works is fulfilling enough. [Broadway.com]