Fashion

How To: Do Biz Casual Like A Pro

haley As you prepare for post graduation job or summer internships interviews, often the dress code will be described as “business casual.” This is a confusing label: ‘business’ sounds very formal and professional … and then it is followed by the word ‘casual’?! Is this trick question part of the interview? Instead of panicking and throwing on your old two sizes too small church suit, take a look at these combos put together by a few biz casual experts. Ladies   IMG_0036   This combination is pure genius, and perfect for a regular day at the office. The jacket shows just how to opt out of the typical, boring black-and-white color palette that usually accompanies business wear. Instead of drab gray tones, choose a colorful blazer and complementing blouse that are both fun. Add more subtle bottoms to keep it professional, be it a cropped black pant or classic yet clean jeans. Add a matching bag and an edgy necklace and voila! You’re the smartest fashionista in the office.

Guys photo1 (1) This outfit represents the contemporary take on business casual for men with this perfectly tailored navy jacket and powder blue collared shirt with matching buttons. This can be paired with jeans for casual Friday, or with these grey and blue striped pants and dress shoes for an interview. Essentially, it’s a suit without the formality of a tie, and the mismatched pant and jacket colors make it more casual, while the blue accents pull together all the elements effortlessly. The shoes also don’t always have to be black! This combo manages to include these sharp tan leather oxfords by matching it to the belt. Don’t be afraid to show confidence in your sense of style and in your personality.   Don’t go too wild with the matching accents or the casual vibe … or you’ll end up looking like Urkel. So there you have it, all the dos and don’ts of professional dressing spelled out for you. Best of luck!