Arts & Entertainment

Lil B’s Guide to Life

Source: HYPEBEAST
Source: HYPEBEAST

Tonight, Brandon McCartney,¬†better known as rapper Lil B, is gracing the UCLA campus with his presence in a speaking event put on by the Campus Events Commission. The Bay Area rapper, record producer, author and motivational speaker is well known for his memorable quotes. For those of you who haven’t been blessed by the “Based God” yet, here’s a preview of what you can expect tonight:

The man isn’t afraid to shed society’s unfair expectations of masculinity when the moment strikes him. It’s okay to be vulnerable; we’re all people after all.

Comparing himself to two of the world’s most powerful people takes real confidence. Lil B just tells it like it is.

Lil B may not have a degree in biology, but he raises an interesting point on the long-term health benefits of good ol’ oxygen. #staysmiling

He never forgets where he comes from and the support and love that has led him to where he is today. Very classy, Based God.

When you’re this famous and successful, there are bound to be jealous people who try to tear you down. Lil B isn’t scared, he sees right through it all.

Deep. These observations are akin to those of a young Carl Sagan or Neil deGrasse-Tyson.

If you were unable to reserve a ticket, swing by Ackerman Grand Ballroom starting at 7:30 p.m. to snag an unclaimed wristband for the 8 p.m. program. You won’t want to miss this.

As always, #tybg.